General information for prospective members
Benefits of EASP membership
EASP membership incorporates an automatic subscription to the European Journal of Social Psychology, which is published six times per year (postgraduate members only receive electronic access), the European Review of Social Psychology, as well as electronic access to the Social Psychological and Personality Science.
Members also subscribe to the EASP mailserve, if they wish. Through the mailserve, EASP members receive announcements concerning EASP related issues, calls for papers for special issues, job announcements, meeting and conference announcements, requests for input into meta-analyses. The EASP mailserve will not send commercial adverts or information about publications.
The European Bulletin of Social Psychology (which is the Newsletter of the Association) keeps members informed about recent developments.
The yearly membership fees amount to
Full Members (regular) : 96 EUR; Full Members (reduced): 48 EUR
Postgraduate Members (regular): 48 EUR; Postgraduate Members (reduced): 24 EUR
Affiliate Members: 77 EUR
The EASP offers one-year-waivers for members who are not able to pay anything because of a personal financial hardship.
You can pay your membership fee in the My EASP area by credit card. There, you also find information about the EASP account if you prefer to pay by bank transfer.
EASP is a vibrant international community of scholars and it is always keen to welcome new members. However, as this is a scholarly and a professional organization, in order to join, the Executive Committee have set out a number of criteria that need to be met, as well as clear procedures for gaining entry.
To become a Full Member:
- have been awarded a PhD (or an equivalent degree) in social psychology (or a closely related discipline) and
- have at least one social psychological article, written in English, and published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Applicants should submit to Sibylle Classen:
- an application form
- a short accompanying application letter, and
- their CV
- Applicants should make sure that two supporting recommendations from two Full EASP members will be sent to Sibylle Classen (email@example.com) until the deadline. Referees can use the form (download below) and attach it to an e-mail. If the application deviates from membership criteria (e.g., because the applicant has a PhD in a cognate discipline), all letters should pay particular attention to grounds which justify the application.
To become a Postgraduate Member:
Applicants must be pursuing study in a European country that is expected to lead to the award of a PhD (or an equivalent degree) in social psychology (or a closely related discipline)
Applicants should submit to Sibylle Classen
- an application form
- a short accompanying application letter,
- their CV, and
- supporting recommendation forms from two Full Members of the Association
- Applicants should make sure that two supporting recommendations from two Full EASP members will be sent to Sibylle Classen (firstname.lastname@example.org) until the deadline. Referees can use the form (download below) and attach it to an e-mail.
Please be aware that postgraduate membership ends as soon as the postgraduate member has awarded her/his PhD or, in any case, after 4 years.
Approval by Executive Committee
Membership applications can only be considered at Executive Committee Meetings The Executive Committee usually meets twice a year, normally in Apri and October. When the Executive Officer is in possession of all the relevant documents (i.e., application form, curriculum vitae, two letters of support), the application will be considered at the next meeting of the Executive Committee of the Association.
Deadline for membership applications are March 15 and September 15, 0:00 UTC.
Although decisions about applications cannot be taken at other times of the year, those who wish to apply for membership are free to do so at any time.
One month notification
When an application is approved by the Executive Committee, names of all applicants will be notified to the full members. If no objections will be received by the Secretary within one month of publication, the applicant becomes a Full/Affiliate/Postgraduate Member of the Association.