General information for prospective members
Benefits of EASP membership
EASP membership incorporates an automatic subscription to the European Journal of Social Psychology, which is published six times per year (postgraduate members only receive electronic access), the European Review of Social Psychology, as well as electronic access to the Social Psychological and Personality Science.
Members also subscribe to the EASP mailserve, if they wish. Through the mailserve, EASP members receive announcements concerning EASP related issues, calls for papers for special issues, job announcements, meeting and conference announcements, requests for input into meta-analyses. The EASP mailserve will not send commercial adverts or information about publications.
The European Bulletin of Social Psychology (which is the Newsletter of the Association) keeps members informed about recent developments.
Membership fees amount to
Full Members (regular) : 96 EUR; Full Members (reduced): 48 EUR
Postgraduate Members (regular): 48 EUR; Postgraduate Members (reduced): 24 EUR
Affiliate Members: 77 EUR
You can pay your membership fee in the My EASP area by credit card. There, you also find information about the EASP account if you prefer to pay by bank transfer.
EASP is a vibrant international community of scholars and it is always keen to welcome new members. However, as this is a scholarly and a professional organization, in order to join, the Executive Committee have set out a number of criteria that need to be met, as well as clear procedures for gaining entry.
To become a Full Member:
- have been awarded a PhD (or an equivalent degree) in social psychology (or a closely related discipline) and
- have at least one social psychological article, written in English, and published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Applicants should submit to Sibylle Classen:
- an application form
- a short accompanying application letter, and
- their CV
- Applicants should make sure that two supporting recommendations from two Full EASP members will be sent to Sibylle Classen (email@example.com). Referees can use the form (download below) and attach it to an e-mail. If the application deviates from membership criteria (e.g., because the applicant has a PhD in a cognate discipline), all letters should pay particular attention to grounds which justify the application.
To become a Postgraduate Member:
Applicants must be pursuing study in a European country that is expected to lead to the award of a PhD (or an equivalent degree) in social psychology (or a closely related discipline)
Applicants should submit to Sibylle Classen
- an application form
- a short accompanying application letter,
- their CV, and
- supporting recommendation forms from two Full Members of the Association
- Applicants should make sure that two supporting recommendations from two Full EASP members will be sent to Sibylle Classen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Referees can use the form (download below) and attach it to an e-mail.
Approval by Executive Committee
When the Executive Officer is in possession of all the relevant documents (i.e., application form, curriculum vitae, two letters of support), the application will be considered at the next meeting of the Executive Committee of the Association. The committee usually meets twice a year, normally in April and October (deadlines for membership applications are March, 15 and September, 15 ). Although decisions about applications cannot be taken at other times of the year, those who wish to apply for membership are free to do so at any time.
One month notification
When an application is approved by the Executive Committee, names of all applicants will be notified to the full members. If no objections will be received by the Secretary within one month of publication, the applicant becomes a Full/Affiliate/Postgraduate Member of the Association.