Winter School: Competing or cooperating: human interaction in times of social and economic instability
11.09.2017, by Sibylle Classen in announcement
Padua (Italy), February 5th-9th 2018
Call for applications until November 15, 2017
The Department of Developmental Psychology and Socialization at the University of Padua is organizing a Winter School on competitive and cooperative behaviors in relation to socioeconomic factors.
Date of Winter School: February 5th to 9th, 2018
Place: Padua, Italy
Application deadline: November 15th, 2017
Applications are welcome from post-doctoral, Ph.D and Master’s students (with at least two years of research experience) with a research interest on socioeconomic factors associated to human cooperation and competition and one of the following areas: social psychology, psychology of social class, community psychology, political psychology, judgment and decision-making, behavioral economics.
The Winter School has a multidisciplinary approach and the speakers, as well as the interactive seminars, will cover all the above areas and perspectives on how socioeconomic factors influence competitive and cooperative behaviors.
The goal of the 5-day program is to provide participants with a multidisciplinary perspective on how competitive and cooperative behaviors are shaped by socioeconomic factors.
- Paul Piff (Department of Psychology and Social Behavior- University of California, Irvine) http://faculty.sites.uci.edu/piff/
- Eric Knowles (Department of Psychology - New York University - NYU, New York) https://psych.nyu.edu/knowles/
- Ilana Ritov (School of Education/Center for the Study of Rationality - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel) http://pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il/~msiritov/ilanaritov.htm
Coordinating the interactive seminars:
- Dr. Inga Jonaityte (University of Venice, expert in experimental economics) http://www.unive.it/data/persone/13910982/curriculum
- Presenting “We App Heroes”: Dr. Valentina Hernandez (Sunscious CEO & Co-Founder, developer of “We App Heroes” and TEDx speaker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2f9JF4a8co