The General Meeting (GM) takes place every three years and is the largest and most important of the meetings sponsored by the association. It is the only occasion on which members are able to meet and discuss their work with a large proportion of the membership.
The EASP Summer School is intended to provide graduate students in Europe with the opportunity to come together for a two-week period to receive instruction and supervision from senior social psychologists from Europe and North America.
Up to seven meetings per year, organised by members of the EASP, are sponsored by the EASP.
Joint Activities with Other Associations
The activities are jointly organised with the following associations:
- The Society for Personality and Social Psychology organises bi-annual summer schools (SISPP). Five European PhD students are invited to particpate.
- The EASP and the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) jointly support small conferences on internationally relevant social issues.
- The EASP and the Society for Experimental Social Psychology (SESP) organise joint meetings to strengthen the ties between social psychologists in Europe and North America.
- The Society of Australasian Social Psychology (SASP) organises bi-annually summer schools. Five European PhD students are invited to participate.
- The EASP is associated with the Initiative for Science in Europe (ISE).
- EASP members are invited to join the Association for Psychological Science (APS) with a one year free membership (for details see Joint Activities).