Collaborative Research Grants
Announcement regarding the handling of EASP Research Grants during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please see here.
The aim of the collaborative research grant is to assist researchers in developing new projects which will be pursued through the collaboration with one or more researchers from different countries. In particular, collaborative research grants are intended to support preliminary research which may assist the holders to subsequently obtain larger scale funding from other sources (for full members). Collaborative research grants are a means to increase diversity within the EASP. Hence, at least one of the partners needs to either work in a country facing economic hardship or in which the EASP is not well represented).
- Collaborative grants are restricted to full members of the association, both partners need to be EASP members.
- Members may be awarded a maximum of one Collaborative Grant within a period of five years.
- Collaboration among researchers in which at least one of the partners belong to a country facing economic hardship or in which EASP is not well represented.
- Scientific merit of proposal. Enough detail should be provided to allow an evaluation of the appropriateness of the theoretical rationale, the soundness of the proposed methods, and the feasibility of the project.
- Academic need and academic benefit: Postdoctoral students from countries/departments which have only limited access to research funds are especially encouraged to apply.
The maximum grant awarded to any proposal will typically not exceed € 5000 and will be used to compensate participants, purchase consumables or other equipment, and travel costs.
Deadlines and Application Procedure
Deadlines for grants (except pre-registered grants) are: February 28th, June 30th and October 31st. The application must be received at least three months before the intended start of the research. Please download and complete the attached PDF form and send it to email@example.com.
Please see the above application form for a list of requirements. Relevant photo(s) would be appreciated. The report and any photo(s) provided by the applicant will be published on the EASP website, and mentioned in the next EBSP issue.