2-year Postdoctoral Position
07.02.2019, by Tina Keil
University of Louvain, Belgium
Application deadline: May 15th, 2019
We invite applications for a post-doctoral position (100%, two years) starting in October 2019 at the University of Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
A research team of the Psychological Science Research Institute (IPSY, UCLouvain), is seeking a post-doctoral researcher (one year, renewable once) for a project related to the social neuroscience of addictive disorders. This project will explore the brain correlates of dehumanization (the feeling of being treated by others as less than a human) in alcohol-related disorders. In this project, the reseacher will explore, using neuroimaging tools (fMRI), dehumanization processes from the victim's point of view. An outline of the global project can be obtained upon request. The researcher will be supervised by Prof. Pierre Maurage.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A completed PhD in psychology or neuroscience at the starting date
- Excellent skills to acquire/analyze functional MRI data
- Excellent oral/writing skills in English
- Publications in experimental psychopathology, clinical psychology, neuroscience and/or social psychology
- Complementary (non-compulsory) skills: Programming skills in R, Python or Matlab; French speaking; experience and publications in alcohol-related disorders/social neuroscience; experience in an interdisciplinary team.
- A high-level scientific environment and infrastructure in IPSY, which has 250 members and is ranked in the top-100 QS World University Ranking. The Institute provides researchers with personalized assistance and support in editing, statistics, ethics, access to a participant pool, budget and project management. Testing and experimental facilities include fully equipped laboratories for individual/group testing, psychophysiology / EEG / virtual reality / eye-tracking laboratories. A direct access to fMRI facilities is also ensured. IPSY enjoys an outstanding national and international reputation, and has developed fruitful scientific collaborations with leading universities around the world. More information about the institute: http://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/ipsy
- An international, innovative and productive team, grouping three laboratories to offer a multi-level exploration of dehumanization, namely Organizational Psychology Lab (Prof. F. Stinglhamber), Social Psychology Lab (Prof. S. Demoulin), and Laboratory for Experimental Psychopathology (Prof. P. Maurage)
- An attracting salary (minimum monthly net salary: 2414 Euros, plus travel expenses)
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV, motivation letter, and the email address of two potential referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th, 2019. Informal inquiries can also be sent via email.