2-year Research Associate (PostDoc)
15.01.2021, by Tina Keil
Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany
Application deadline: February 14th, 2021
The Leuphana University of Lueneburg (foundation under public law), Faculty of Education, Institute of Psychology, has a vacancy for a full-time (100 %) Research Associate (PostDoc) (m/f/d) (salary group EG 13 TV-L). Start is in spring 2021, fixed term for 2 years.
The position is part of the DFG-funded research project "Gender Equality in the 21st Century: Country-Level and Individual-Level Factors Related to Women’s and Men’s Intentions to Contribute to Childcare – A Cross-National Comparison across 49 Countries”. The project is embedded in a larger international collaborative project on understanding communal orientation in men (see https://ucom2017.wordpress.com). The successful candidate will be part of this large international network and will work mainly on collaborative projects together with Prof. Dr. Carolin Schuster (Leuphana University of Lüneburg) and Prof. Dr. Sarah Martiny (UiT The Arctic University of Norway).
- Pre-registering and conducting analyses of a large cross-national dataset on gender-related norms and preferences
- Developing and pursuing own research questions related to the topic of the project
- Contributing to and leading collaborative publications in high-ranked international peer-reviewed journals
- Dissemination of findings to the international research community
- Coordination of research efforts within an international network of collaborators (e.g., coordinating workshops with external partners)
- Completed academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of psychology or related social sciences
- Doctoral degree in psychology or related social sciences
- Experience in cross-cultural psychology and/or social psychology and interest in research on gender
- Willingness to develop expertise in statistical methods for large-scale cross-cultural datasets (including multilevel modeling, measurement invariance, imputation of data); previous experience in this area is of advantage
- Experience with data analysis in R or comparable statistical software
- Experience with publication in international academic journals
- Interest in international collaborations and flexibility concerning research stays abroad (e.g., at UiT The Arctic University of Norway)
- Excellent network-building opportunities within and beyond the project
- Work at an institute focused on societally relevant research
- Support for the acquisition of follow-up funding
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Internal and external CPD courses
- University sports and health promotion measures for employees
- Employer-funded pension
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Carolin Schuster (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Leuphana University of Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please note our data protection information for applicants (which we currently only have in German).
Please send your application (including a motivation letter, CV, publication list, academic certificates, and two representative publications) by 14.02.2021, preferably electronically (as a single merged pdf file) or by mail to:
Leuphana University of Lueneburg
Personalservice, Lena Laackmann
Subject: PostDoc ASP