3-Year Postdoc Position in Social Psychology
04.01.2023, by Media Account
Deadline: January 15th, 2023
45,000 students and 8,000 employees in teaching, research and administration, all working together to shape perspectives for the future – that is the University of Münster (WWU). Embedded in the vibrant atmosphere of Münster with its high standard of living, the University’s diverse research profile and attractive study programmes draw students and researchers throughout Germany and from around the world.
The Department of Psychology in the Social Psychology Group at the University of Münster (WWU), Germany, is seeking to fill the position of a
Postdoctoral Research Associate
(salary level TV-L E 13)
commencing on 01. April 2023. We are offering a fixed-term part-time position (90%) for 3 years.
The teaching commitment is 3,6 hours per week during the semester.
- Participation in research projects of the Social Psychology Unit (http://www.uni-muenster.de/PsyIFP/AEEchterhoff), with a focus on the areas of social cognition, interpersonal relationships and communication, memory distortions, intergroup relationships, psychological aspects of refugee integration, social media and/or or shared reality.
- Planning, conducting, and analysing experimental studies.
- Supervision student assistants
- Participation in publications
- Congress presentations
- Participation in meetings with international collaborators
- Advancing the project at the conceptual level (including the role of shared reality in the examined processes).
- Participation in meetings with the other members of the Research Group and international collaborators.
- A teaching commitment amounting to 3.6 hours per week during the semester (mainly in the field of social psychology and experimental practical’s).
- PhD / doctoral degree in psychology; a graduate degree in Psychology, typically a Master’s degree, is expected as well.
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Very good experience with relevant methods (experimentation, modelling, implicit measures) and statistical analyses
- Very good knowledge of statistical software (SPSS and the open-source software R)
- Proficiency in German is helpful but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful publication of own research in English-language, international journals with peer review process.
- A keen interest in scientific issues and the ability and motivation to work in a team are also expected.
Advantages for you:
- Appreciation, commitment, openness and respect – values which are important to us.
- Our broad range of diverse work-time models offers great flexibility – also when working from home.
- If you have family members or young children in your care, our Family Service Office offers concrete support to help you balance your private and professional responsibilities.
- As an educational institution, we are deeply committed to offering occupational training and continuing education opportunities tailored to your individual needs.
- From A – Z, Aikido to Zumba, our sport and health programmes ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- As a university employee, you are entitled to numerous benefits afforded to public servants, e.g. an attractive company pension scheme (VBL), an annual end-of-year bonus and a position that is shielded from economic fluctuations.
The University of Münster strongly supports equal opportunity and diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of sex, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to creating family-friendly working conditions.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities.
If you have any questions, please contact Professor Dr. Gerald Echterhoff.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15 January 2023. Applications are considered until the position is filled.
Applicants are kindly asked to submit the following materials:
(a) a full CV including experiences in research and research supervision
(b) a statement of research interests and motivation,
(c) samples of their scientific writing
in a single PDF document (labeled LASTNAME_PostdocSocPsy.pdf)
The PDF document should be submitted to:
Social Psychology Group
Professor Dr. Gerald Echterhoff
with CC to Sonja Pacitto-Schleithoff (office), firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we cannot consider other file formats.