4-year Postdoctoral Position in Behavioural Ethics
16.07.2020, by Tina Keil
University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Application deadline: September 1st, 2020
As part of an European Research Council grant (TRUSTPATH), the Experimental & Political Economics group (CREED), at the Amsterdam School of Economics (UvA), has a four-year postdoc vacancy in the field of behavioural ethics. We seek outstanding motivated applicants with a strong interest in experimental economics and psychology for a project investigating trust and information search patterns in the context of the sharing economy.
All candidates with a strong research background in Experimental Economics, Psychology, or related fields are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will have experience with running lab experiments (including eye-tracking and large scale), as well as strong programming, econometric, and writing skills. The postdoctoral fellow will be part of an interdisciplinary team studying the antecedents and consequences of trust when using the sharing economy. Access to state of the art research facilities will be provided via CREED, which houses two experimental economics laboratories.
The starting date of the position is January 2021 (flexible).
What are you going to do?
- design studies and experiments (e.g., experience sampling; lab experiments);
- program the experimental task using (e.g., oTree, z-Tree, Matlab);
- collect and analyze data (R, STATA);
- write the results up for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- present the work at academic conferences.
- undergraduate tutorials;
- supervise of MSc thesis projects.
What do we require?
- PhD in (Behavioural) Economics, Cognitive/ Social/ Organizational Psychology or related field;
- advanced statistical and computational skills (e.g., oTree, R, STATA);
- experience with designing and running experiments;
- explicit interest and motivation to conduct scientific research.
The employment contract will be for a period of 18 months with a possibility to extend it for an additional 30 months, pending positive evaluation. As part of your contract, you will spend 20% of your time on teaching. You will be classified as Researcher (postdoc) in the Dutch University job-ranking system (UFO). The gross monthly salary will be, depending on experience, between €2,790 and €5,127 (salary scales 10 and 11) based on 38 hours per week, with an additional end-of-year bonus (8.3%) and holiday allowance (8%). The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further details and application please visit: