7 PhD positions (65 % for 4 years)
21.11.2019, by Tina Keil
University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Application Deadline: December 15th, 2019
The University of Duisburg-Essen is currently in search of eligible candidates for the Gerhard Mercator Graduate Programme Open-Mindedness, Tolerance and Public Engagement, funded by Stiftung Mercator and situated at the university's Duisburg Campus.
Seven Academic Research Assistants
(Pay Category 13 TV-L), 65%
The Gerhard Mercator Graduate Program invites analytically minded, empirically focused and pragmatically oriented researchers from the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education as well as the Life Sciences, Economics and Engineering, to consider the conditions that influence and generate social cohesion and public engagement. Part of the Graduate PhD Program's goals include a consolidation of the continued dialogue between citizens and science in the context of the University of Duisburg-Essen and the City of Duisburg. More detailed information can be found at: https://www.uni-due.de/de/mercator-graduiertenkolleg-weltoffenheit/
- A university degree (Diplom/Magister or Master; at least 8 semesters) relevant to the Graduate Program's field of research.
- Interdisciplinary and/or transnational focus
- Methodological and research expertise regarding the cooperation and collaboration of the Arts and Sciences with and within societies
- English proficiency: very good to excellent
- Proficiency in a third language is highly welcomed
- Prerequisite for an application is the submission of an informal declaration of readiness by a professor of the University of Duisburg-Essen, that, upon successful application, he/she/they are ready and willing to supervise your PhD thesis.
Begin of Employment: April 1st, 2020
Length of employment: 48 Months
Working Hours: 65% of a full-time position
Interviews will take place in Duisburg between the 20th and the 22nd of January 2020.
The hiring requirements comply with § 36 of the Higher Education Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Hochschulgesetz NRW). The University of Duisburg-Essen promotes the diversity of its members (https://www.uni-due.de/diversity). It strives to increase the percentage of women on its academic staff and therefore emphatically invites qualified women to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preferential consideration (Equal Opportunities Act). As per § 2 Sect. 3 of the social code (SGB IX), applications from candidates with a disability or equivalent status are especially welcome.
Applications with the usual documents (Cover Letter, CV, copies of relevant certificates (M.A., M.Sc.), a two-paged exposé of the applicant's thesis proposal as well as a signed declaration of readiness to supervise from a professor of the University of Duisburg-Essen) should be in digital format, quoting the following application code number: 725-19 to Frau Prof. Dr. Barbara Buchenau, Universität Duisburg- Essen, Vice-Recorate for Social Responsibility, Diversity & International Affairs, 45117 Essen, Telefon +49-(0)201-183-2002, E-Mail: email@example.com.
For further questions, please contact Philipp Jugert (firstname.lastname@example.org)