Assistant PhD Position in Social Psychology
13.05.2020, by Tina Keil
UCLouvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Application deadline: May 25th, 2020
PhD position (100%) with teaching duties in social psychology at UCLouvain (no. 983)
Description of the position
The candidate will carry out supervision and teaching duties in the following teaching areas:
- 1st year Bachelor studies in psychological and educational sciences
- 2nd year Bachelor studies program in psychological and educational sciences.
In particular, the candidate will in undertake supervision duties in the domain of social psychology.
The candidate will develop research activities in the area of social psychology. The candidate will also complete their doctorate in this area. If possible, the candidate is expected to attach a PhD research project in to their application.
- Master degree in psychological sciences or an equivalent degree (obtained with distinction)
- Interest in research in social psychology, or in occupational and organizational psychology
- Ability and motivation to integrate oneself in both a teaching team and a research team
- Ability and motivation to develop pedagogical one’s teaching skills in the context of university teaching
- Perfect mastery of the French language
- Good mastery of the English language (both oral and written)
- Strong communication skills
- Being able to take on responsibility and to take initiative
- Good knowledge of research methodologies as well as of qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Applying with a PhD research topic is an additional asset (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/psp/thematiques-de-recherche.html)
- Having pedagogical experience is an additional asset
- Some teaching duties might imply the presence at the university during staged hours, in the evenings or on Saturdays.
- The position requires being available during in teaching and exam periods.
Applications of this position must be made by the 25th of May 2020.
Please submit your application exclusively online.
For further details and to apply, please visit:
Contact (application procedures):
Martine Janssens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact (PhD project):
Karl-Andrew Woltin (email@example.com)