Assistant Professor - Tenure Track Position in Social/Work Psychology
26.05.2020, by Tina Keil
University of Innsbruck, Austria
Application deadline: June 10th, 2020
from 01.08.2020, for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
Department of Psychology
Extent of employment:
40 hours per week
A qualification agreement for conversion into a permanent position (associate professor) can be offered on probation.
- Research in the field of work/occupational and social psychology
- Research-guided teaching in the field of work/occupational and social psychology
- Cooperation in organizational and administrative tasks
- Completed, subject-relevant studies with above average doctorate (psychology)
- Experience and proven competence in academic teaching of work/occupational and/or social psychology
- Expertise in work/occupational research on "Human–Technology" and/or social psychological research on “New Media”
- Competence in survey methods (e.g. bio-correlates/wearables, diary studies, social network analyses)
- Competence in evaluation methods with complex statistical procedures
- Visible scientific achievements beyond the dissertation in the form of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- PostDoc experience or relevant work experience
- Experience in third-party funding
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Social competence; team and communication skills
- Mobility experience
The application must include a description of a research concept (max. 5 pages) and a teaching concept.
For this position, a collective agreement minimum wage of gross € 3.804 / month (14 times a year) is provided. The fee increases if relevant professional experience is available. In addition, the university offers many attractive additional benefits. We look forward to receiving your online application via the career portal of the University of Innsbruck (cipher: PSY-SPORT-11104).
For further details, please visit:
The Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore asks on qualified women to apply.In this position you will have the opportunity to carry out high level research and to specialise in a particular field. You will hold your own lectures, tutor students and participate in administration. During the first year of employment it is possible to conclude a 'qualification agreement' which is the core part of a University career position. If the terms of the qualification agreement are fullfilled it will lead to a continuous career at the University, resulting in the position of a Associate Professor and a permanent employment.