Assistant Professor in Social Psychology
02.06.2021, by Tina Keil
Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Application deadline: June 20th, 2021
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in building a teaching and research career following their postdoctoral training. The candidate should be motivated to develop and execute a research line at the forefront of health and social psychological research making use of currently developing themes and methodological approaches. An interest in learning or further developing innovative methods for conducting health and social psychological research is an advantage. We are open to a broad range of health and social psychological research topics. Ideally, the candidate’s research focus has potential to intersect the research lines held by staff members in our department (please see our website for themes and topics), and actively seeking collaborations. A start-up grant for research will be offered. Teaching is an important element at Maastricht University. The candidate will be involved in the Master and Bachelor teaching programme of our department, including lectures, tutoring in the context of problem-based learning, and supervision of Bachelor and Master theses. Affinity with Intervention Mapping and theories and applications of behavior change models in teaching contexts is an advantage. The position is initially for 24 months with a potential extension given availability of funding.
The candidate will work in the Maastricht University’s Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Department of Work and Social Psychology, section Applied Social Psychology.
- A PhD in psychology or a related discipline, with a focus on health or social psychology. A minimum of 1-2 years of PostDoc experience.
- An interest in developing an own innovative health or social psychological research line.
- Interest in small-scale teaching (problem-based learning), documentation of higher education teaching credentials (Dutch BKO or similar) or acquisition in the near future. Teaching accounts for 50% of the position.
- Good communicative and networking skills reflecting the ability to engage and collaborate.
- Good conversational and writing language skills in English. Dutch language skills are helpful.
- A promising publication track record of applied or fundamental research, and documented or ambitions to attract own funding.
Conditions of Employment
- Fixed-term contract: 24 months.
- The position is temporary for the duration of 2 years. Depending on experience and qualification. The maximum gross monthly salary is € 6.317 in accordance with scale 13.
- The positions will have to start within the time frame of 01.09. - 01.11.2021
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
For additional information contact Prof. Dr. Kai J. Jonas, head of the section Applied Social Psychology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please visit: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/301214/assistant-professor-ud2-fixed-term-24-months-in-social-psychology/