Assistant Professor of Social Psychology
02.10.2020, by Tina Keil
University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Application deadline: October 20th, 2020
Effective January 2021, we are seeking an assistant professor of social psychology. Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the discipline of Psychology offers a range of Bachelor's and Master’s degree programmes, while its research is carried out at the Psychology Research Institute (Psyres). The successful candidate will be part of the Social Psychology program group.
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree and have a successful program of research, as reflected in several first-authored international publications in top outlets of the field. In terms of content, the preferred candidate strengthens and complements the research activities of the social psychology program group. This means that the candidate conducts high-quality research on the cognitive, affective, and/or motivational underpinnings of social behavior that fits with one or more ongoing research lines in our group. The successful candidate will have demonstrable motivation and ability to teach social-psychological topics in the Psychology Bachelor program, the Social Influence master track, the Cultural Psychology master track, and/or the interdisciplinary bachelor program Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE).
As assistant professor of social psychology, you will be responsible for:
- conducting high-quality research in social psychology;
- teaching, developing, and coordinating bachelor and master level courses and tutorials on social-psychological topics;
- supervising student research projects at bachelor and master level;
- attracting research funding.
- a PhD in social psychology;
- a research profile fitting the above described program;
- high-quality publications in international, peer-reviewed academic journals;
- more than 2 years of experience in teaching, developing, and improving courses and supervising theses on social
- psychological topics at the bachelor and master level (with good evaluations);
- a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- excellent English proficiency;
- willingness to learn Dutch (if applicable).
- a team player;
- focused on quality;
- a good planner and organizer.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact: Prof. Gerben van Kleef (email@example.com), and/or visit https://www.uva.nl/en/content/vacancies/2020/10/20-576-assistant-professor-of-social-psychology.html