PhD Position available for a Project on Minority Leadership
01.10.2019, by Tina Keil
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Application deadline: October 20th, 2019
At the University of Geneva, we have an open position for a Doctoral student. The successful candidate is expected to conduct their doctoral thesis in the context of a Swiss National Science Foundation financed research project on “Motives of Precarious Minority Leadership: A Challenge or a Sinking Ship?” (grant N°100019_188934) under the supervision of Clara Kulich, PhD. The project looks into the reasons for glass cliff appointments of women and ethnic minorities in different organizational and political settings.
Doctoral research position; Duration: up to 4 years; Start date: 1st of January 2020 (or as agreed upon). The salary and working conditions are in accordance with the regulations of the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Master’s degree in psychology
- Excellent knowledge and interest in social psychology, intergroup relations, and possibly the glass cliff phenomenon
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative, statistical, and experimental methods
- Fluent in English (written and oral); knowledge in French is an important asset
- Ability to work independently, as a team player, and in collaborations with international project partners
- Participation in the doctoral program in social psychology coordinated by the Universities of Geneva and the University of Lausanne
The position is based at the University of Geneva (UNIGE), the second largest of Switzerland with more than 16,000 students (151 different nationalities represented, and 37% of international students). UNIGE also hosts and co-hosts six National Centers of Competence in Research. The University of Geneva is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and candidates with a migration history are encouraged to apply.
I look forward to receiving your application before 20 October 2019 at Clara.Kulich@unige.ch
Applications should include:
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the project and your competencies
- Curriculum Vitae including grades and qualifications
- Copy of university diplomas
- Master thesis or other academic writing such as published chapters or papers
- Two reference letters
For more information please contact: Clara.Kulich@unige.ch