PhD Position in Social and Consumer Psychology (University of Vienna)
06.03.2023, by Media Account
Please submit your application by 21 March 2023 or email us to check if the deadline has been extended
The Research Group for Applied Social Psychology and Consumer Research (Univ.-Prof. Dr. A. Florack) at the University of Vienna is looking for a dedicated and flexible University Assistant (prae doc) with an interest in consumer research.
The basic philosophy of the research group is to use findings from psychological research to study how consumers respond to challenges in the economic environment and how consumers form beliefs about the social and economic world. The research is characterized by social and consumer psychological approaches.
The advertised position (30h / week) is for 3 years, whereby the employment is initially limited to 1.5 years and is automatically extended to a total of 3 years, unless the employer submits a non-extension declaration after a maximum of 12 months. Extension to 4 years is possible upon probation and appropriate work progress.
Candidates should pursue the development of a dissertation in the area of consumer behavior. In particular, interest in sustainable consumption or consumption reduction is expected. Experiences in consumer psychology, or social cognition are of advantage, but not a necessary precondition.
Starting date: April 1, 2023 or later
- Completed diploma or master's degree, majoring in psychology or related fields (e.g., marketing)
- A very good qualification for empirical research (e.g., a very good master thesis or participation in scientific publications)
- Interest in social and consumer psychology
- Experience in empirical research
- Experience in consumer research is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative methods (including competences in the application of SPSS or R)
- Very good proficiency in English
- Collaboration in the team of the working group, especially in the areas of research, teaching and administration
- Independent teaching of courses in accordance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement
- Participation in research projects / scientific studies in the area of consumer behavior
- Writing a dissertation in the core research areas of the research group (completion of a dissertation agreement within 12-18 months is expected)
Documents to be submitted
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae / list of publications
- Degree certificates
- Master thesis as PDF
- Idea for a study investigating the determinants or consequences of the reduction of consumption (max. 2 pages)
The University of Vienna aims at increasing the proportion of women within its scientific personnel and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to women candidates.
Applications including a letter of motivation should be submitted to Martin Söllner (email@example.com) or preferred via the Job Center (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) mentioning the reference number 13852.
For questions contact Arnd Florack (firstname.lastname@example.org).