21.11.2019, by Tina Keil
University of Vienna, Austria
Application deadline: December 15th, 2019
The University of Vienna invites applications for a Postdoctoral Position.
The new team member will work in the research group of Applied Social Psychology and Consumer Behavior. The research group focuses on consumer behavior and, in particular, on consumers’ self-regulation, attention, eating behavior, and well-being. The department offers labs with excellent research facilities including mobile and remote eye tracking systems.
Successful candidates should pursue the development of a research profile in the research areas of the research group. Experiences in eye tracking research or research on social cognition, self-regulation, eating behavior and/or well-being is of advantage, but not a necessary precondition.
The position (40h/week) is limited to 6 years.
Starting date: 01.01.2020 or later
- Doctoral degree / PhD in Psychology or Marketing
- Publications in international academic journals in the area of Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Health Psychology / Eating Behavior, or Marketing
- Interest in developing a profile in consumer behavior research
- Teaching experience
- Experience in programming experiments or eye tracking research is of advantage
- Good proficiency in English
- Participation in research, teaching, and administration of the research group
- Teaching classes in Social Psychology and Consumer Psychology
- Supervision of master theses
- Expected is the goal of a habilitation within the main research areas of the research group
- Contribution to writing grant proposals
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of intent and research interests
- Academic CV
- List of publications
The University of Vienna aims at increasing the proportion of women within its scientific personnel and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to women candidates.
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted no later than 15.12.2019 to Martin Söllner (email@example.com) or preferred via the Job Center (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) mentioning the reference number 10213.
For questions contact Arnd Florack (firstname.lastname@example.org).