Temporary position (50 %) as Lecturer in Social Psychology
09.01.2020, by Tina Keil
University of Oslo, Norway
Application deadline: January 23rd, 2020
The Department of Psychology at University of Oslo, Norway, has available a 5 months part time position (50 %) as University Lecturer in Social Psychology in Spring 2020. The appointee will contribute to teaching, supervising and examination activities in English in the bachelor, master and clinical training programs with a special focus on applied social psychology. The position requires competence in teaching mainly in social psychology. While some supervising and examination activity can be in Norwegian, this is not a requirement, and all the teaching should be delivered in English. It is possible to split the position up into 20 % or 10 % slices. You can indicate in the application if you wish to take less than the 50 % announced.
Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian Master degree / Clinical study degree in psychology, with documented proficiency in social psychology or equivalent. They must demonstrate teaching competence in social psychology or equivalent and must have a fluent proficiency in oral and written English. Please apply by January 23, 2020.
- University pedagogy skills and diversity in teaching experiences (forms and levels) would be a great advantage.
- Plans and ambitions for conducting high quality teaching activities would be a great advantage.
- Documented activity in conducting research in social psychology would be a great advantage.
- Competence in a Scandinavian language would be an advantage.
- A PhD degree in social psychology or equivalent would be an asset.
- Willingness to participate in the department´s activities in education, research, dissemination, and administration at all levels would be an asset.
The University of Oslo has a goal of recruiting more women in academic positions. Women are encouraged to apply. The University of Oslo also has a goal of recruiting ethnic minorities to Norway in academic positions. Ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.
Salary NOK 504 700 - 640 200 per annum (100 % position) depending on qualifications in position as University Lecturer (position code 1009), a professional working environment, attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement.
More information, including how to apply can be found here:
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.