Vacancies for Associate Editors on the Editorial Board
16.03.2020, by Tina Keil
British Journal of Social Psychology
Application deadline: April 12th, 2020
We are seeking to fill two vacancies for Associate Editors on the Editorial Board of the British Journal of Social Psychology, to complement our existing strong team. Applicants for these roles should meet the following criteria:
- A good publication record in social psychology.
- A strong track record of reviewing and editorial work, including for BJSP.
- Expertise in a broad range of methods and topics, with a willingness to handle submissions that are not directly within their area of expertise.
- For one of the roles, we are seeking specific expertise in the area of social cognition.
- For one of the roles, and in line with our aim of continuing to internationalise the journal, we are seeking to appoint a scholar based outside of the UK.
We are committed to equality and diversity and are open to contributions from all sections of the community. Applications from candidates with minority backgrounds are especially welcome.
The role involves handling around 15 papers a year. The appointment would start immediately and run until the end of 2022. The process involves reading papers to ensure their suitability, identifying appropriate referees, coordinating the review process, advising authors on revisions, and making a final decision about the publication of the piece.
Those interested in the role should submit a 2-page CV with a short cover letter outlining how they meet the criteria above. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 April 2020.