Various Full-time, Permanent Faculty Positions available
12.03.2020, by Tina Keil
Centre for Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (cSCAN) at the Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology (INP), University of Glasgow
The Centre for Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (cSCAN) is actively pursuing multiple research appointments at all levels (Lecturer/Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Reader/Associate Professor, Professor/Full Professor) to enrich our internationally connected research-intense environment and world-leading reputation in social perception, social cognition, social neuroscience, social interaction and communication, with an emerging leadership in behaviour change. cSCAN members operate in a research-rich capacity, with teaching-rich staff leading in the innovation and delivery of education.
cSCAN is a uniquely interdisciplinary research environment that brings together international researchers across a range of complementary disciplines including Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Engineering who work together to address central questions in social, cognitive, and affective science.
Our researchers have close links with centres and departments across the university, including: Computing Sciences. Our interdisciplinary Glasgow Social Robotics group was recently awarded a UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Socially Intelligent Artificial Agents with funding for 50 PhD students over the next 8 years (https://socialcdt.org/)
Institute of Health and Well-Being
Many of our members work closely with top researchers in this world-leading interdisciplinary research centre focused on improving population health and reducing inequalities.
Facilities and in-house expertise
A wide variety of state-of-the-art methods and technologies are available:
- Full, on-site brain-imaging suite comprising 7T fMRI, 3T fMRI, MEG, EEG and TMS via the Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi) with expertise in combining technologies (e.g., fMRI+EEG, MEG+Eye tracking, EEG+TMS). Affiliate facilities include ECoG at The Glasgow Epilepsy Centre.
- A range of technologies used for studying human behavior as well as for the design of applications, including virtual reality environments and the cSCAN’s own state of the art tools for creating virtual and robotic social agents, specifically for generating dialog, posture, gestures, facial actions and facial morphology.
- Multiple technologies for capturing behaviour, including eye trackers, 3D facial morphology, motion capture systems and voice capture.
Researchers also have the following dedicated research support facilities:
- Online, secure Subject Pool (1000+ members, 16-80+ years, 100+ nationalities)
- In-house computing support team providing 6+ Petabytes of storage, High Performance Computing (HPC, 5k cores, 5Tb RAM, 20+ GPU cards), high-security data management systems, advice, sourcing and installation of high-performance computing equipment and software development of on-line research facilities.
Links to cSCAN and Institute of Neuroscience & Psychology
Please contact cSCANfirstname.lastname@example.org for further information.