Call for Expression of Interest for Book Chapters: Intergroup Relations in Turkey
Deadline for expression of Interest: June 1st, 2020
We invite you to submit your book chapter abstract for consideration for our book titled ‘Intergroup Relations in Turkey’.
About the Book
This edited volume addresses the issues pertaining to contemporary intergroup relations in Turkey. At present, Turkey is home to a variety of social, ethnic, and religious groups. This diversity creates a unique opportunity to understand how powerful forces of ethnicity, migration, and political ideology shape intergroup processes and intergroup relations in the context of a dynamic society. The primary aim of this edited volume will be to bring together novel research findings on intergroup relations pertaining to Turkey and make them available to a wider audience of scholars.
We encourage submissions from a variety of theoretical perspectives (intergroup contact, social identity, social representations) based on a variety of methods (quantitative and qualitative). These might include but are not limited to:
- Intergroup contact and dimensions of identity between majority and minority groups (Turkish, Kurdish) versus immigrant communities.
- Political divisions and prejudice
- Fostering cooperative and harmonious intergroup relationships
- Intergroup threats
- Social representations of intergroup relations and identities
- Collective action and change
- Integration, immigration and acculturation
- Social identities and discrimination in the educational context
Please send your abstracts (up to 500 words) no later than 1 June 2020 to Huseyin Cakal (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Shenel Husnu Raman (email@example.com). Please structure your abstracts in the following style:
- Author(s) and affiliation details
- Key theoretical perspectives
- Methods Employed
- Findings & Discussion
- Keywords (maximum of 5)
Please give the percentage of the manuscript that is comprised of previously published work, e.g., portions of the data and/or manuscript published elsewhere. Final decision of publication will be based on the peer-review process of the full manuscript (around 6000-7000 words).
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 1 June 2020
Notification of decisions: 1 July 2020
Deadline for the submission of full manuscripts: 21 December 2020
Expected date of publication: July-September 2021