Call for submissions to EARA 2022 Conference
02.09.2021, by Tina Keil in call for papers
European Association for Research on Adolescence; Abstract submission deadline: December 10th, 2021
Abstract submission is now open for the 18th EARA conference which will take place in person, in Ireland, at Trinity College Dublin campus in the heart of Dublin city. The conference will run from Thursday, 25 August to Saturday, 26 August 2022, with a day of pre-conference events on Wednesday, 24 August.
Please submit your abstract here: https://www.eara2022.com/submissions.
Abstracts for symposia, individual papers and posters, views by two, and discussion sessions, are due on December 10, 2021.
We hope you will join us in Dublin for a high calibre academic programme, a tour of Dublin, Irish traditional music, and a gala dinner. EARA prioritises young scholars and we have a special set of young scholar events including networking and a young scholars’ dinner. A generous number of bursaries are available to help with conference attendance for young scholars / early career researchers.
The conference is open to all scholars of adolescence internationally, and to practitioners who work with adolescent populations.
Submissions are welcome on:
- Body and brain (e.g., biology, neuroscience, health, growth, sleep)
- Agency and participation (e.g., civic engagement, volunteering, digital activism)
- Culture and society (e.g., gender, ethnicity, minority groups, religion, sexual diversities, cultural and cross-cultural research, social disadvantage)
- Digitality (e.g., digital identities, smartphones, social media, video games, gamification)
- Education and careers (e.g., achievement motivation, schooling, college, engagement, career choice and development, employability)
- Methodology (e.g., new theories, new assessments and research designs, new methods for the study of change and development)
- Relationships (e.g., parenting styles, family relations, romantic relationships, sexuality, role models, popularity)
- The self (e.g., narrative identity, identity development, social self-concept, body image, temperament, conscientiousness, personality)
- Social, emotional, and moral development (e.g., wellbeing, empathy, prosocial behavior, bullying, emotion regulation, coping, resilience, anxiety, depression, suicidality, addiction, substance use)
Abstract submission opens August 31st, 2021
Abstracts due December 10th, 2021
Abstract notification March 1st, 2022
Early bird registration deadline May 15th, 2022
Online registration deadline August 22nd, 2022
Pre-conference events August 23, 2022
Main conference August 25th – 27th, 2022
We encourage you to visit the EARA 2022 conference website to find out more. In the event of a pivot to an online conference, your presentation will still be included if accepted.
Le gach dea-ghuí (kind regards)
The EARA 2022 Organising Committee,
Jennifer Symonds, Yekaterina Chzhen (Conference Chairs), Tamsyn Blue, Susan Branje, Wim Beyers, Aidan Clerkin, Maeve Dwan O’Reilly, Andrea Maynard, Amalia Fenwick, Clodagh Flinn, Daraine Murphy, Eilis Hennessy, Gabriela Martinez Sainz, Giulio D’Urso, Laura Taylor, Niki Nearchou, Samantha Dockray, Susanne Schulz, and Seaneen Sloan.