EASP-SPSSI Joint Small Group Meeting 2019 in Europe
01.06.2018, by Tina Keil in call for papers
Reminder to Submit Proposals; Deadline: August 1st, 2018
Proposals are invited by August 1st, 2018 for small group conferences to be held in 2019 (in Europe). The funds are provided as part of a collaboration between the European Association of Social Psychology (EASP) and the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI). The purpose of the collaboration is to help strengthen links between the two organizations so that members of each may have opportunities to discuss research questions of mutual interest.
Previously funded conferences:
- 2018: Mapping Space/Place and Psychology
Organizers: Jessica Salvatore and Thomas Morton.
Pittsburgh USA, June 28, 2018
- 2017: To be Both (and More): Immigration and Identity Multiplicity
Organizers: Fenella Fleischmann, Kay Deaux, Maykel Verkuyten and Shaun Wiley
Utrecht, Netherlands; September 15-17, 2017
- 2016: Understanding hate crime: Multi-disciplinary analyses
Organizers: Rupert Brown, Blair T. Johnson and Mark Walters
Connecticut, USA; July 11-13, 2016
- 2015: Times are a-Changing but Men's Roles are Slow to Change: Developing a Research Agenda on the Underrepresentation of Men in Communal Roles
Organizers: Toni Schmader and Colette Van Laar
Leuven, Belgium; November 5-7, 2015
- 2014: The Great Recession and Social Class Divides
Organizers: Susan Fiske and Miguel Moya
Princeton, New Jersey, USA; September 4-6, 2014
- 2012: Proactive Behavior across Group Boundaries: Seeking and Maintaining Positive Interactions with Outgroup Members
Organizers: Todd Pittinsky, Birte Siem and Stefan Sturmer.
Stony Brook, NY, USA; Nov 30 - Dec 2, 2012
- 2011: Meaning and Existential Psychology
Organizers: Travis Proulx and Kees van den Bos
Tilburg, The Netherlands; November 17-19, 2011
- 2010: Forgotten Alternatives: Denaturalizing Conditions of Injustice and Exclusion
Organizers: Michelle Fine, Susan Opotow, Xenia Chryssochoou, and Dario Spini
New York, USA; March 17-19, 2010
- 2009: Uncertainty and Extremism
Organizers: Michael Hogg, Kees van den Bos, and Arie Kruglanski
Los Angeles, USA; November 16-19, 2009
- 2008: Intergroup contact: Recent advancements in basic and applied research
Organizers: Oliver Christ, Miles Hewstone, Linda Tropp, Ulrich Wagner
Marburg, Germany; August 28-30, 2008
- 2007: International Perspectives on Immigration. Immigrants and Hosts: Perceptions, Interactions, and Transformations. A Small Group Meeting in Honor of Kenneth Dion
Organizers: Kay Deaux, Victoria Esses, Ulrich Wagner, Rupert Brown, and Richard Lalonde.
Toronto, Canada; May 31-June 2, 2007
- 2006: Multiple Perspectives on Real World Helping and Social Action.
Organizers: Allen Omoto, Elena Marta, Debra Mashek, Maura Pozzi, Mark Snyder, and Stefan Stürmer.
Long Beach, USA; June 22, 2006
- 2003: The Social Psychological Analysis of Social Inclusion and Exclusion.
Organizers: Victoria Esses, Dominic Abrams, and Miles Hewstone
Canterbury, UK; September 11-14, 2003
- 2001: Prejudice and Racism
Organizers: Miguel Moya, Armando Rodriguez, Jacques-Philippe Leyens, and Jack Dovidio
Granada, Spain; May 22-27, 2001
Please see http://www.easp.eu/events/other/ for details on the proposal criteria and proposal submission.