EJSP Open call for 2022 Special Issue Proposals
15.02.2021, by Tina Keil in announcement
European Journal of Social Psychology (EJSP)
Proposal deadline: March 31st, 2021
EJSP invites proposals for a Special Issue to appear in 2022. Through this open call we encourage potential Guest Editors to submit Special Issues proposals to our editorial office (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by March 31 2021. On the basis of a comparative evaluation, the editorial team will then select one proposal as the Special Issue for 2022.
Special issue proposals should contain the following information:
- Proposed title of the Special Issue
- Name(s) and contact details of Guest Editor(s).
- A brief description of aims and topics covered, and a case made for the interest in the topic among the readership of EJSP (300-500 words).
- A case made that there will be sufficient interest in terms of submissions on the topic, including any indication of authors who may be willing to submit work on the issue (e.g., people who have contributed to relevant recent symposia or thematic volumes) (max 300 words).
- A brief explanation of what each Guest Editor will bring to the editorial process (e.g., theoretical/methodological expertise, previous editorial experience, etc.) (max 200 words)
- A brief CV (max 2 pages) for each Guest Editor.
Once commissioned, Special Issues are expected to have an open call for submissions (which will be advertised in the EJSP and through the EASP website and mailing list). Editors are, of course, also free to encourage potential authors to submit a paper.
All submissions are expected to go through a rigorous review process equivalent to normal EJSP peer review. Potential contributions co-authored by Guest Editors are permitted, but they will be handled independently by members of the EJSP Editorial Team; such submissions will be required to pass the regular peer review procedure for EJSP before they can be considered for potential inclusion in the Special Issue.
When submitting Special Issue proposals, Guest Editors should keep the following time scale in mind:
- March 31, 2021: Deadline for special issue proposals
- April 15, 2021: Announcement of successful proposal, and call for papers
- June 30, 2021: Deadline for expressions of interest from potential contributors
- September 30, 2021: Paper submission deadline
- December 15, 2021: Provisional acceptance of papers (i.e., subject to revisions)
- March 31, 2021: Revised final manuscripts due