EJSP Open Call for Special Issue Proposals
08.02.2019, by Tina Keil in announcement
Proposal deadline: April 1st, 2019
The editorial team at EJSP invites proposals for a Special Issue to appear in 2020. Through this open call, we encourage potential Guest Editors to submit Special Issues proposals to our editorial office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1, 2019.
On the basis of a comparative evaluation, the editorial team will then select one proposal as the Special Issue for 2020. We seek coherent special issues that cover exciting themes in a field broad enough to attract interest, debate and attention among and outside of our readership, while also ensuring our usual high standards of peer-review.
Special issue proposals should contain the following information:
- Proposed title of Special Issue
- Name(s) and contact details of Guest Editor(s)
- A brief description of aims and topics covered, and a case made for the interest in the topic among the readership (300-500 words)
- A case made that there will be sufficient interest in terms of submissions on the topic, including any indication of authors who may be willing to submit work on the issue (e.g., people who have contributed to relevant recent symposia or thematic volumes) (max. 300 words)
- A list of potential reviewers that should demonstrate a low likelihood of conflicts of interest in the review process, in order to maintain our usual high standards of peer-review; furthermore, please add a statement about how Guest Editors will deal with such potential conflicts of interest
- A brief explanation of what each Guest Editor will bring to the editorial process (e.g., theoretical/methodological expertise, previous editorial experience, etc.) (max. 200 words)
- A brief CV (max. 2 pages) for each Guest Editor
Special issues, once commissioned, are expected to have an open call for submissions (which will be advertised in the EJSP and through the EASP website and mailing list), although editors are obviously free to encourage potential authors to submit a paper. All submissions are expected to go through the same rigorous review process as with regular EJSP submissions.
When submitting Special Issue proposals, Guest Editors should keep the following time scale in mind:
- April 1, 2019: Deadline for special issue proposals
- May 1, 2019: Announcement of successful proposal, and call for papers
- July 1, 2019: Deadline for expressions of interest from potential contributors and selection of contributions by guest editors with support from EJSP editors in chief
- October 1, 2019: Paper submission deadline
- January 1, 2020: Provisional acceptance of papers
- April 1, 2020: Revised final manuscript due date