Election of new EASP Executive Committee Members
25.11.2019, by Tina Keil in announcement
Call for Nominations
Deadline: March 1st, 2020
Four members of the current Executive Committee of the EASP will have served their six-year term and are due to be replaced at the next General Meeting, in Krakow. Torun Lindholm, Jean-Claude Croizet, Ernestine Gordijn, and Kai Sassenberg will leave the Executive Committee in July 2020, whereas Malgorzata Kossowska, Monica Rubini, and Kai J. Jonas, will stay for another three-year term.
According to the Standing Orders of the association, the nomination procedure is as follows: Each nomination must be supported by two full members, addressed to the Secretary of the association, Torun Lindholm (email@example.com). Completed applications will be accepted and presented to members for election at least one month before the GM. The deadline for receiving nominations for the upcoming election is March 1st, 2020.
Each nomination packet has to contain:
- A letter from the nominee, agreeing to serve on the Executive Committee, if elected.
- Letters of support from two full members of the association
- Brief (half an A4 page) background information from the nominee, including:
- a summary of academic positions, administrative experience, and current research interests;
- the nominee's perspective on what are relevant issues for EASP and its Executive Committee to consider in the future, and
- a list of three publications the nominee considers to be most representative for his or her work.
All supplied information will be treated confidentially. Once all applications have been checked and confirmed, candidates will receive specific instructions of what they need to write for members to read at the time of the election.
Please check the Standing Orders on the EASP website for more detailed information. Please note, the voting will be carried out electronically from now on. Further details on this procedure will be given in due course.