Pre-Conference On Social Emotions
17.01.2020, by Tina Keil in call for papers
June 30th, at Institute of Psychology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow; Submission deadline: January 31st, 2020
We are happy to announce a pre-conference devoted to the social nature of emotions organized before the 2020 EASP General Meeting in Krakow this year. The pre-conference will take place on the 30th of June at the Institute of Psychology (Room 0.03, Romana Ingardena 6). Contributions will focus on advances in emotion research and highlight the social aspect of affective reactions. At the moment, the conference line-up includes 10 confirmed international speakers. Next to invited talks, we plan to include several flash talks that feature short 5-minute presentations followed by a poster presentation. Therefore, we are looking for interested scholars who want to present work on the social effects of emotions.
(Preliminary programme: https://sites.google.com/view/social-emotions-easp-2020/programme)
- Gerben van Kleef, University of Amsterdam
- Jozefien de Leersnyder, University of Leuven
- Ursula Hess, Humboldt University Berlin
- Thomas Schubert, University of Oslo
- Roger Giner-Sorolla, University of Kent
- Jens Lange, University of Cologne
- Lea Boecker, Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Yvette Stráznický van Osch, Tilburg University
- Tim Wildschut, University of Southampton
- Florian Cova, University of Geneva
We invite submissions for flash talks at the pre-conference. Flash talks feature a 5-minute presentation that is followed by a poster presentation. Presentations can be theoretical or empirical and should address a topic in the field of emotion research, taking into account social aspects.
The deadline for submissions is the 31st of Janurary, 2020. Submissions should be placed through the pre-conference website: https://sites.google.com/view/social-emotions-easp-2020/submission.
On behalf of the organizing committee,