SISPP 2019 Summer School - Applications now open
01.11.2018, by Tina Keil in announcement
July 14-25th, 2019 at New York University;
Application deadline: February 15th, 2019
We are pleased to announce that applications for the 2019 Summer Institute in Social and Personality Psychology to be held at New York University are now being accepted. The 2-week intensive summer experience will accept 100 pre-doctoral students in social and personality psychology. For details about the summer school, please visit http://www.spsp.org/events/summer-opportunities-for-students/sispp/2019.
The EASP will select and sponsor five EASP postgraduate members to attend the SISPP Summer School. To apply, please follow the instructions below (and not those described on SISPP website).
- Interested European EASP postgraduate members should submit a Curriculum Vitae and fill out an application form (see download below). Please email it as an attachment to the EASP Executive Officer Sibylle Classen (email@example.com).
- The application should be supported by the applicant's PhD supervisor. Supervisors are therefore asked to write a letter of support, explaining why they feel their student could benefit from and add to the summer school. Supervisors are asked to email their letter directly to Sibylle Classen, mentioning the name of the applicant supported (in the email subject field). Please note, only one candidate can be supported by a particular supervisor and/or institution.
- The deadline for applications and support letter is February 15th, 2019. Applications received after this deadline cannot be considered.
Among the candidates, five students will be selected for participation by the SISSP Decision Committee of the EASP. In making this selection the committee will rely on the following criteria.
The candidate should:
- be at least in the second year of their Ph.D. programme
- have a sufficient level of (self-espoused) proficiency in English
- be active in an area sufficiently close to a topic of SISP
Other criteria include:
- strength of the supervisor's letter of support
- not having participated in an EASP or SASP summer school before
- definitely not more than one student per institution
- a reasonable distribution over countries.
Costs and Sponsoring
- EASP will sponsor travel expenses to New York, USA (and back) for the five selected postgraduate members, for a maximum of 600 Euro per applicant. Selected members will be informed regarding the details of payment.
- Each postgraduate member is expected to contribute 200 USD to SISP. Details about the mode of payment will be communicated to selected applicants.