SPSP 2020 GPIR Pre-Conference: Submissions and Registration
06.09.2019, by Tina Keil in call for papers
February 27th, 2020 in New Orleans, USA
Submission deadline: November 15th, 2019
We would like to invite you to the 2020 Group Processes and Intergroup Relations (GPIR) pre-conference at SPSP. The 2020 GPIR pre-conference assembles world renowned researchers whose work addresses important social and societal issues such as collective action, group-based inequalities, and intergroup hostility, using a diverse range of methodologies (field observation, experimental, and applied work) to connect and build this field of inquiry. Speakers include Dominic Abrams, Brenda Major, Scott Tindale, Jessica Remedios, Daniel Baliet, Lara Ditrich, and Amber Gaffney. An early career scholar from the poster submissions pool will present as one of our distinguished speakers.
There will be a poster session at lunch and the day will conclude with a round table discussion, moderated by Dr. Justin Hackett of California University of Pennsylvania. This round table will allow junior colleague attendees to interact with the invited speakers and learn from their expertise about the direction of the field and how to develop in their own careers.
Poster Submission and Early Career Speaker
We encourage early career scholars (graduate students and new post-docs) to submit an abstract. We will select one abstract from our pool of poster submissions to give a full talk alongside our distinguished speakers. Please follow the below guidelines for submission.
- Submit an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org which summarizes your empirical findings and details your work's scientific contribution.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words.
- Please submit word or PDF documents.
- Abstracts should include a cover page with the contact information of all authors and indicate the corresponding author.
- Please indicate on your cover page if you would like to be considered for the guest speaker competition.
- Abstract submission deadline: November 15, 2019, 11:59PM PST.
See you in New Orleans!