2-3 year Post-Doc Position
22.03.2021, by Tina Keil
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Application deadline: April 15th, 2021
The Psychology of Intergroup Conflict and Reconciliation Lab at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is seeking applicants for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship for a period of 2 or 3 years. Research in the lab focuses on the psychological (mainly emotional) underpinning of long-term intergroup conflicts, focusing on attempts to develop and implement psychological interventions that promote social change in favor of democracy and peace. The successful candidate will work together with Prof. Halperin, and will manage and lead the lab’s newly funded ERC project titled: "Personalized Interventions to Improve Intergroup Relations and Promote Peace”. The ERC funded research is aimed at identifying novel mechanisms by which different intergroup interventions influence different individuals, i.e., creating an innovative framework for personalized intergroup interventions. The postdoc will work closely with team members, will oversee communication in the team and coordinate day-to-day activities to ensure successful completion of the project.
The position is a full time, two (with the option to extend to three) year position in Jerusalem and the start date of the is September 2021.
- PhD in social psychology or relevant field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong methodological and statistical skills
- Ability to work with junior collaborators
Required Application Materials
- A cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- Up to three writing samples demonstrating your expertise and fit for the position
- The names and contact information of up to three letter writers
Deadline: All materials received before April 15th will receive full consideration.
Email application materials as a single PDF file to: