Assistant Professor in Social, Health and Organisational Psychology
18.02.2021, by Tina Keil
Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Application deadline: February 28th, 2021
At Utrecht University we are looking for an assistant-professor who can teach (70% of the time) and do research (30%) in the domains relevant to the Social, Health and Organizational Psychology division. The teaching is implemented in the Bachelor Psychology, the one-year Masters Social, Health and Organizational Psychology, the research Master Social & Health Psychology; and in the Bachelor and research Master Artificial Intelligence. The teaching includes (large-scale) lectures, (small-scale) instruction meetings, and (individual) internship and thesis supervision, along with more general tasks of coordination and administration.
The research of the Social, Health and Organizational Psychology division is part of the Faculty research priority program "Behaviour in social context", which has a clear emphasis on developing and testing process models and theories related to social cognition, motivation and self-regulation in the context of interpersonal behaviour, health promotion, organizational behaviour and work performance. The research aims to build on methodological developments in the design and analyses of experiments and surveys.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- holds (or has nearly obtained) a PhD degree in the field of Social Psychology, Health Psychology, or Work and Organizational Psychology, or a similar or related field;
- has experience in co-developing and co-coordinating academic courses;
- is able to provide inspiring lectures, with an eye for the modernization of teaching methods, and be able to apply personal research expertise to teaching, as evidenced by positive teaching assessments;
- holds a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or is willing to acquire this qualification in the near future;
- has ample experiences with conducting empirical research with human subjects and with using advanced statistical methods and models to analyze data of such research. The position also requires a basic understanding of the different approaches to hypothesis testing;
- is willing to actively follow ongoing developments in research methods;
- has scientific creativity and productivity, as evident in recent publications in international peer-reviewed journals or peer-reviewed conferences;
- is effective and efficient, able to work within a team, and think conceptually;
- is fluent in spoken and written English.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply. We also welcome applications from international candidates. Because part of our teaching is in Dutch, we ask commitment to learning and teaching in Dutch.
The application deadline is 28 February 2021. More information can be found here: https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs/assistant-professor-social-health-and-organizational-psychology-08-10-fte