Full-time Postdoctoral Research Position available
05.07.2021, by Tina Keil
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
Application deadline: July 31st, 2021
The Department of Social Psychology offers the position of a Post-doctoral researcher, beginning October (01.10.2021). It is a full-time position (40 weekly hours), time limited until the 30.09.2023, with the possibility of extension based on merit and budget considerations, and in accordance with legal regulations (up to 6 years in total).
The department of Social Psychology does research on intergroup processes, cooperation and conflict within and between groups, authoritarianism and political ideology, moral emotions, and recognition and reconciliation. The research in the department focuses on basic research with a strong focus on the use of rigorous quantitative research methods, ranging from experimental to survey research. The department offers the position for persons who are enthusiastic and highly motivated to work on these and related topics, and are committed to the continuation of the department’s success in teaching and research.
The ideal candidate will take part in the following tasks:
- Conceptualization, preparation, and analysis of empirical research
- Active contribution to the organization and participation in international conferences and workshops
- Publication of research in international peer-reviewed journals
- Development of their own research projects (e.g., Habilitation or equivalent)
- Contribution to teaching (4 weekly hours per semester)
- Supervision of BSc and MSc projects
- Participation in administrative work at the social psychology department
The profile of the ideal candidate:
- Graduate of MSc/MA + PhD in Psychology or related fields
- Excellent knowledge in social-psychological theory and research
- Experience in planning, conducting and analysing quantitative research, particularly experimental research designs
- Publications in peer reviewed journals would be an asset
- Interest in collaboration and contribution to the research in the department
- Excellent knowledge in spoken and written English
- New research lab with support by research students in data collection
- An active international network (e.g., yearly international workshops on intergroup relations) and participation in international conferences
- Collaboration in various experimental and theoretical research with interdisciplinary character
- Interesting and diverse tasks in a pleasant and stimulating work environment
- Support of individual endeavours of learning and development (e.g., graduate college for PhD student and Post-Docs)
- Flexible working times
- Payment according to legal rates of public services (öffentlicher Dienst der Länder, TV-L)
FSU Jena seek to increase the number of women in those research areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. Candidates with severe disabilities will be preferred in the case of equal qualifications. Are you eager to work with us? We encourage you to submit your application (including CV, one page research statement in one single PDF file) by 31 July 2021, stating the call number 221/2021.
Please send you applications to: Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Institut für Psychologie, Professur für Sozialpsychologie, Humboldtstr. 26, 07745 Jena, 07743 Jena; Prof. Dr. Thomas Kessler: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Stefanie Hechler: email@example.com.
Please send only copies of your original certificates as the files will be destroyed after the application process.