Postdoc Position at the Chair of Psychology of Motivation, Volition, and Emotion (80%)
08.01.2024, by Veronika Brandstaetter
Deadline: 29 January, 2024
As of 1st February 2024, or by arrangement, a position is to be filled at the Department of Psychology at the University of Zurich as
Postdoc at the Chair of Psychology of Motivation, Volition, and Emotion (80%)
The research focus of the chair is on basic and applied approaches to motivation and self-regulation in a wide variety of contexts (e.g. work, study, partnership) using a broad range of methods. The holder of this position will be part of the research project on motivational processes in the transition from employment to retirement. The research project will be conducted in cooperation with Professor Alexandra Freund, Chair of Developmental Psychology: Adulthood, University of Zurich. Furthermore, the range of tasks of the position includes publishing in international outlets, presentations at international conferences, (co-)supervision of doctoral students of the chair, teaching courses of 2-3 hours per week, supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses as well as administrative tasks.
• The opportunity to gain further academic experience in research and teaching
• An excellent research environment in a department with a strong research orientation
• A close and lively research exchange in a performance-oriented team
• International research contacts
• A very well-equipped working environment
• Excellent opportunities for further training
• Salary and employment conditions in accordance with cantonal regulations
• An above-average PhD degree in motivational, personality, social or life-span psychology
• Experience with various research methods (e.g., laboratory experiments, surveys, experience sampling).
• Very good knowledge of advanced statistical methods (e.g. multi-level analyses, structural equation modeling, analysis of longitudinal data)
• Experience in publishing in international journals (with peer review)
• Teaching experience and very good didactic skills
• Excellent knowledge of English
The position is limited to 2 years with the possibility of extension for a maximum of two further years.
Please email your application with the following documents as a single PDF file to the chair administration (Celina Flück, email@example.com) by January 29, 2024: CV; certificates; letter of reference; a letter outlining how your research relates to the research in the named project and two of your own journal articles.
The Department of Psychology at the University of Zurich values transparent, reproducible and replicable research and supports Open Science practices. As an applicant, you are asked to outline in your letter how you have already pursued these practices and/or would like to pursue them in the future. Furthermore, the University of Zurich strives to increase diversity in research, teaching, and administration (https://www.gleichstellung.uzh.ch/en.html) and takes this into account in recruitment procedures.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Brandstätter by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (+41 44 635 75 10).
For the original post see: