Bridge the Gap! Conference: How to attract and retain technical talent in school and work contexts
04.04.2022, by Hannah Schäfer in call for papers
June 30th, 2022 and July 1st, 2022
Submission deadline: May 9th, 2022
The project team of Bridge the Gap! invites you to take part in a two-day event for academics and practitioners.
In the past 4 years, researchers from the Bridge the Gap! team (University of Twente, Utrecht University, Saxion University of Applied Sciences) have carried out research projects in collaboration with educational institutions and companies in high-tech to better understand how to attract and retain technical talent in school and work contexts.
The aim of the conference is to exchange knowledge and to discuss evidence-based solutions to arrive at an inclusive work and learning climate and reduce drop out in the technical sector.
Day 1: Academic meeting (30th June 2022)
This day is designed for academics in social and behavioral sciences. We strongly encourage PhD students, Early Career Researchers and Early Career Academics to attend. For this academic group meeting you have the opportunity to submit proposals for 15 minute research talks or poster presentations (deadline 9th May).
The day includes:
- Presentation on key insights and deliverables of 4 years Bridge the Gap! research given by Ruth van Veelen, Assistant Professor at Utrecht University, and Maaike Endedijk, Professor at University of Twente.
- Keynote Talk given by Francesca Manzi, Assistant Professor at London School of Economics
- Research talks and poster presentations throughout the day
Day 2: Stakeholders meeting (1st July 2022)
This day is designed for practitioners (HR professionals, program directors, study advisors), policy makers and academics. It is an co-creation event to exchange knowledge and discuss evidence-based solutions on attracting and retaining technical talent in school and work contexts.
The day includes:
- Workshops on evidence-based solutions and approaches to tackle issues in technical work and school contexts based on insights and deliverables of 4 years Bridge the Gap! research
- Key note talk by Dr. Melissa Vink, Utrecht University on evidence-based practices to stimulate diverse and inclusive school and work contexts.
- Round table discussions (with academics, practitioners and industry panelists) on issues raised by organisations and education
Location: University of Twente, U Parkhotel, De Veldmaat 8, 7522 NM, Enschede, The Netherlands
For more information and to submit your abstract please visit the event’s webpage: https://thecareercompass.app
If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bridge the Gap! Team
Maaike Endedijk, Marlon Nieuwenhuis, Lianne Aarntzen, Ruth van Veelen, & Natascha van Hattum-Janssen