Invitation to submit a proposal for the 2024 Special Issue in EJSP
Deadline: June 10, 2023
EJSP (European Journal of Social Psychology) invites proposals for a Special Issue to appear in 2024. The deadline for proposals is June 10, 2023
In developing proposals for submission, we especially encourage applicants to consider their networks widely, and where possible include researchers from under-represented regions both on editorial teams and as potential authors. Ideally, we would like to see about 50% of the contributions to the chosen Special Issue involving collaborations with researchers and participants outside the over-represented areas of Western Europe, North America and Australia. In line with our Editorial, contributions should be based on scientific rigour, equity, respect, and cultural sensitivity.
Potential Guest Editors should submit Special Issues proposals to our editorial office (EJSPeditorialoffice@wiley.com) by the deadline specified above.
The successful proposal will be selected competitively and on the basis of a comparative evaluation of all submissions received by the deadline.
Special issue proposals should contain the following information:
1. Proposed title of the Special Issue
2. Name(s) and contact details of Guest Editor(s).
3. A brief description of aims and topics covered, and a case made for the interest in the topic among the readership of EJSP (300-500 words).
4. A case made that there will be sufficient interest in terms of submissions on the topic, including any indication of authors who may be willing to submit work on the issue (e.g., people who have contributed to relevant recent symposia or thematic volumes, possibly including specific names and affiliations of colleagues that have explicitly expressed interest to submit their work to the special issue) (max. 300 words, excluding the list of potential participants).
5. A brief explanation of what each Guest Editor will bring to the editorial process (e.g., theoretical/methodological expertise, previous editorial experience, etc.) (max. 200 words).
6. A reflection (max 1 page) on how diversity is captured within your proposal.
7. A brief CV (max. 2 pages) for each Guest Editor.
Once commissioned, the Special Issue is expected to have an open call for papers (which will be advertised in the EJSP and through the EASP website and mailing list). Editors are, of course, also free to encourage potential authors to submit a paper.
Submitted papers are expected to go through a rigorous review process equivalent to normal EJSP peer review. Potential contributions co-authored by Guest Editors are permitted, but they will be handled independently by members of the EJSP Editorial Team; such submissions will be required to pass the regular peer review procedure for EJSP before they can be considered for potential inclusion in the Special Issue.
When submitting proposals for the 2024 Special Issue, Guest Editors should keep the following time scale in mind:
-June 10, 2023: Deadline for special issue proposals
-June 30, 2023: Announcement of successful proposal, and call for papers
-July 30, 2023: Deadline for expressions of interest from potential contributors
-December 01, 2023: Paper submission deadline
-February 15, 2024: Provisional acceptance of papers (i.e., subject to revisions)
-April 31, 2024: Revised final manuscripts due
Our best wishes,
Masi Noor, Caterina Suitner, & Thomas Morton