Social Psychological and Personality Science
About the Journal
Now published eight times per year, Social Psychological and Personality Science (SPPS) is a collaboration from the Association for Research in Personality (ARP), the European Association of Social Psychology (EASP), the Society of Experimental Social Psychology (SESP), the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP), and co-sponsored by the Asian Association of Social Psychology (AASP) and Society of Australasian Social Psychologists (SASP). The founding and sponsoring societies provide their membership with complimentary subscriptions, immediately giving the journal a reach of over 7,000 scholars in social and personality psychology worldwide!
SPPS is a unique short reports journal in social and personality psychology, fist published in January 2010. Its aim is to publish cutting-edge, short reports of single studies, or very succinct reports of multiple studies, and is geared toward a speedy review and publication process to allow groundbreaking research to be quickly available to the field.
Volume 1 (2010) was published quarterly (January, April, July, October); Volume 2 (2011) bi-monthly from. Since Volume 5 (2014) it is published 8 times per year.
Procedure for Submissions
SPPS now also accepts submissions of replication studies. Articles cannot exceed 5,000 words (excluding tables, figures, and references) and they may present new theory, new data, new methods, or any combination of these. Preference will be given to articles that (a) represent an advance to social psychological or personality science, (b) are methodologically rigorous, (c) have theoretical and practical significance; (d) help build interdisciplinary bridges among areas in social and personality psychology, and (e) are written to be accessible to a wide range of audiences, including science writers for the popular press and the public at large.
Please make your SPPS online submission via the site on SAGETrack at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/spps. For more information please contact the SPPS Editorial office at Amanda.Bockman@sagepub.com or see the journal's submission guidelines.
- Simine Vazire (University of California, Davis, USA), Editor
- Allen R. McConnell (Los Angeles, USA), Managing Editor
- Wiebke Bleidorn (University of California, Davis, USA)
- Joseph Cesario (Michigan State University, USA)
- Will Gervais (University of Kentucky, USA)
- Jesse Graham (University of Southern California, USA)
- Elizabeth Levy (Paluck Princeton University, USA)
- Dominique Muller (University Grenoble Alpes, France)
- Kate A. Ratliff (University of Florida, USA)
- Joseph P. Simmons (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
- Gerben A. van Kleef (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Gregory D. Webster (University of Florida, USA)
- Vivian Zayas (Cornell University, USA)
- Vincent Yzerbyt
How to Subscribe
All members of EASP have electronic access to the journal. For your electronic access, please login to the members' area of the website.